Human-first vs AI-first approach to building a smart and fast bot
I’ve designed two chatbot products in the last 1.5 years. The first was smart and slow. The second is not as smart but fast. Both intend to be smart and fast. I’ll get to the benefits, drawbacks, and design decisions for both.
Reading Time: 8min
7 Final Rules of User Experience Design
- 1. They won't read your manual. Design self-explanatory!
- 2. Users look for signs on their journey. WIIFM at each point!
- 3. Humans love different levels of complexity! Educate step by step.
- 4. Solutions come at the end. Start with the user's problem in mind!
- 5. It doesn't work! Make it easy to correct error.
- 6. Be a child. You don't like boring stuff!
- 7. Ask your mum for help! Do user testing.
Design thinking origin story
Plus some of the people who made it all happen
Recently design thinking has gained momentum in the business world through mentions in the Harvard Business Review and Forbes publications. What is design thinking, why do you keep hearing about it?
Reading Time: 19min