Design thinking origin story
Plus some of the people who made it all happen
Recently design thinking has gained momentum in the business world through mentions in the Harvard Business Review and Forbes publications. What is design thinking, why do you keep hearing about it?
Reading Time: 19min
7 Final Rules of User Experience Design
- 1. They won't read your manual. Design self-explanatory!
- 2. Users look for signs on their journey. WIIFM at each point!
- 3. Humans love different levels of complexity! Educate step by step.
- 4. Solutions come at the end. Start with the user's problem in mind!
- 5. It doesn't work! Make it easy to correct error.
- 6. Be a child. You don't like boring stuff!
- 7. Ask your mum for help! Do user testing.
The breaking of the UX industry
Or what to do when your UX has nothing to do with UI any more
My pure research colleagues are now in more demand than UX Designers. Why? Because they've proved their worth, because they bring insights that cut right through common sense and opinion to what is actually needed and more than that.
Reading Time: 11min
Welcome to uxaesthetics.com
It's Friday the 13th, January 2017 — and we successfully launched uxaesthetics.com today! Welcome to our Knowledge and Research Hub. Here, we publish and share remarkable articles about Disruptive Strategies, UX, IoT, and related Product Design. There is a little learning section too — you can subscribe to our monthly newsletter at the bottom of each page... Great to have you here!
Innovation and Design in the Big Data Era
Customers first. Employees second. Investors third. For 16 years this outlook has guided Alibaba Group’s growth and development. It’s a winning strategy that has helped us develop from a B2B platform to an interconnected ecosystem. Paul Fu is Senior Director UX @AlibabaGroup.
Reading Time: 4min | Video: 2min