7 Final Rules of User Experience Design
- 1. They won't read your manual. Design self-explanatory!
- 2. Users look for signs on their journey. WIIFM at each point!
- 3. Humans love different levels of complexity! Educate step by step.
- 4. Solutions come at the end. Start with the user's problem in mind!
- 5. It doesn't work! Make it easy to correct error.
- 6. Be a child. You don't like boring stuff!
- 7. Ask your mum for help! Do user testing.
Welcome to uxaesthetics.com
It's Friday the 13th, January 2017 — and we successfully launched uxaesthetics.com today! Welcome to our Knowledge and Research Hub. Here, we publish and share remarkable articles about Disruptive Strategies, UX, IoT, and related Product Design. There is a little learning section too — you can subscribe to our monthly newsletter at the bottom of each page... Great to have you here!
Product Design & User Research
How Do People Perceive your Product?
Robert Matthees walks you through a Philosophy of Brain & Product Design up to the 5 main questions you have to ask in user research. He is the Founder @uxaesthetics.
Reading Time: 22min
Call for UX-Papers/Launch on Friday 13th
Everything that humans create is design. This makes Research in User Experience to a key factor for happiness — in all areas of our life. Currently, digital connectivity (e.g. the IoT) and disruptive strategies are driving a fast stream of products with completely new affordances. Let's share our insights in a cross-industry network. Please submit your papers and articles now! Our feed will go live on Friday the 13th, January 2017.